Joe,

Problem 1 is probably mainly an N1MM Logger configuration issue. In the
Configurer under Mode Control, right side ("Mode sent to radio"), beside
RTTY change the two list boxes to read AFSK in order to select AFSK A on
the K3 (RTTY is N1MM's terminology for the K3's FSK D mode). If you use
PSK, beside PSK change the list boxes to read PSK (N1MM's terminology
for DATA A on the K3).

There is also an interaction with the way the K3 remembers its data
sub-modes. Data sub-mode (and the 45/75 baud speed) are remembered by
the K3's firmware on a per-band basis, so setting the radio to AFSK A on
one band will leave it in FSK D on other bands if that's where it was
before. You may need to go through all the bands to set the K3 back to
AFSK A on each one; the N1MM Mode Control configuration only takes
effect when the program starts up and/or when you change modes from
CW/SSB to data, not when you change bands without changing the mode.

Problem 2, as has been noted, sounds like an audio drive issue. It's not
the number on the LINE IN control that matters, it's the reading on the
ALC meter. Set the audio drive and LINE IN level to produce 4-5 bars on
the K3's ALC meter and use the PWR control to control the power.

If that's what you are already doing, maybe you should try re-doing the
TX Gain Calibration step from the K3 manual.

73,
Rich VE3KI