My theory in these cases is that it's nothing to do with bad antenna
connections, but more due to the rig putting out a higher harmonic content at
higher power levels. The SWR meter sees a bad SWR at the harmonic frequency so
the reading is slightly worse.

73
Tom G3OLB

N3OI wrote:
<*One observation:* I use low power to set SWR with my TenTec manual tuner.
My FT-920's SWR meter would usually shift a bit when I increased power to
100w and I would then quickly tweak it back down.  With the K3's SWR meter
(no ATU installed), after setting the tuner at 10w or so, the reading stays
the same when power is increased to 100w.>