Hi,

Well I've always found that the K3 internal speaker is pretty lousy on
CW, OK with SSB.  Not a big problem 'cos I always use phones for CW.  I
remember reading a few years ago about some experiments with enclosing
the rear of the speaker to improve the sound.  I've done all the factory
RX audio mods on #345.

Something else I've noticed is the huge variability of the tonal quality
of CW on the bands.  It's certainly not a receiver fault 'cos checking
the same signal with the K2 it sounds the same.  Two totally different
receive processing architectures.

Finally, word in the bazaars is that LoTW has blown up with loss of data
and corrupted backups.  I hope not!

Regards,

Mike VP8NO