> The COMspkr is an ampflied speaker.

That's right and the amplifier is not any stronger than the amplifier in
the K3.  There is no value to using a set of 3W per channel amplified
speakers on a transceiver that provides 2.5W per channel by itself.

I've used a pair of $5 speakers from surplus cellphone "remote kits" on
the K3 that sound as good as any amplified computer speakers (and I've
used a lot over the years).  If one is going to use amplified speakers
use speakers capable of significantly more *clean* power than what is
essentially a low end commodity product.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV