CW Skimmer is indeed a pretty cool piece of software, but it doesn't work like that. Unless you also have some sort of SDR front end, all you'll be able to get with CW Skimmer is a display of the audio passband. For a display of stations outside that passband you need an additional piece of hardware that takes the IF out from the K3 and processes it so that it can be handled by your sound card and CW Skimmer. Even then, CW Skimmer has a limitation in "IF mode" that restricts what you see to something like +/- 12 KHz.

Even if you decide to go with something else, there's a lot of good information on the LP-Pan website.

Dave   AB7E