Thanks everybody for the replies. I've got some ideas on what to do if UPS wants repair estimates. Toying around with it, I was able to straighten the encoder shaft. Don't know if I was shifting the position of the encoder within the case or the shaft in the encoder, but at any rate it now appears straight, turns smoothly and doesn't seem to have any tuning errors. Not loose or wobbly at all. When I get in to the front panel I'll see where it was bent.

Yeah, you'll say I should have left it alone until after UPS looks at it but I'm a tinkerer and want to get this radio on the air. If I can get by with just replacing the AF and RF gain pots then that's what I'll do. They need to be replaced but they work if I adjust them just right. Touchy settings.

Don mentioned offline that the K2 encoder changed to the same style as used in the K3, when did that change occur? This K2 is #5711.

73, Dennis NJ6G