I bought a used K2 and it was damaged during shipment. The UPS place that packed it wrapped it in plastic and set it on the bottom of a box with no padding around the bottom or sides so that the VFO knob was against the side of the box along a bottom edge. The only padding was on top. The VFO shaft was bent up, VFO knob was dented, AF and RF Gain pots were damaged and need to be replaced. I'm waiting for Elecraft to let me know how much the two pots and the VFO Encoder will cost.

This is insured, but UPS wants to see the radio to assess the damage, like they would have any idea. I can give them the cost of the parts but how much should I ask for in cost to repair the radio? I can do the repairs myself but realistically how much is my time worth according to UPS? They'll probably want a repair estimate from a shop, which as we know isn't how this is done.

Sending the radio back to the seller isn't an option.

Any comments/feedback is appreciated.

73, Dennis NJ6G