Short answer: Yes, it is my Dream Machine.

Having owned a K2 since 2003 or so, I put in an order for K3 #24 while
Elecraft was in Visalia, 2007 (April or May).  K3/10 #24, as a kit,
arrived in October, 2007.  As far as I know #24 was the first or
second kit off the line.

I worked CQ WW using SSB and 10W right away.  Nine new countries for
W6NIA right off the bat.  To make sure credit goes where it should,
the receiver was so solid that I could hear a lot of the low-level DX
the big guns weren't copying.  Most of it was in between, where the K3
excels.

My XYL gets the best friend award here, but the K3 would run a real
close second.  It's fully loaded now, SubRX and a buncha filters,
every add-on available except for the PR-6.  All mods are up to date
too.

I wouldn't have it any other way.  Like another later poster, my list
of rigs runs on from about 1973 to present.  About forty years.  As
far as I'm concerned the K3 is the best value proposition in the HF
Amateur Radio industry, historically and present-day.

There is a lot more here about the high quality of tech and customer
support, and Elecraft's is legendary in our community (almost unhead
of across several consumer product sectors that I know well, also).
But this is very well known by now, and even newbies are aware that if
they buy their first rig from Elecraft they will have support that no
other manufacturer can possibly match.

73,
matt zilmer
W6NIA