Despite the potential for voltage drop, I would not forget the fuse at the power supply end of the wire unless you are certain the power source has adequate overcurrent protection built in. The blade type fuses with tight fitting sockets will cause very little voltage drop. If the connection is not in the milliohm range, connection tightness is to blame.

That fuse is not intended to protect the equipment connected, but is instead to protect the wire from a short circuit.
Many power supplies do have adequate overcurrent protection - however ---

I hear of instances where this was not in place when the power source is a battery. In the event of a short at the end of the power cable (or internal to the cable), a LOT of energy can be available which will have current sufficient to melt copper conductors of any size and spew molten metal all over the place - a personnel and a fire hazard.

Low voltage high current power sources can be just as maiming as high voltage supplies. Please be safe!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Keep all hams healthy and free of injury in the coming New Year.

73,
Don W3FPR