Please excuse me for my newbieness in asking this question but it has been on
my mind for awhile now.  I am the proud owner of KX3 847 and am curious about
the need for Negative ALC capability and interface for the KX3 as I connect it
to my solid state amplifiers.

I have been looking at the manual and thinking about interfacing the KX3 with
my two solid state amplifiers, THP HL450 and the yaesu Quadra. Both recommend
use of negative ALC connection from the transceiver.  For my K3, the negative
ALC mod satisfies the Quadra in this respect.

I am looking for reference of negative ALC for the KX3 and cannot seem to
locate such a capability and interface. If it is in the manual my apologies for
taking up reflector space please let me know which page I am overlooking. If
not, then my assumption is that because of the low level of power output 12W
max, it was deemed not necessary to have this in the KX3.

Please let me know if I am on the right track so I can finally feel comfortable
interfacing the KX3 with my amps.

Thanks & Happy New Year one and all!

Keith
AK6ZZ