Bob,

Originally only the A/C used 3 phases. However, my room addition is for a
workshop, and I am installing a couple of 3-phase outlets for possible
future use in case I come across a nice big milling machine, lathe or welder
for $100  J. I would also be able to move the shack to the new room and
power the linear from the same outlet (picking the right 2 phases!). Like I
said, this is a delta high leg system, which I believe is the same as your
open leg delta. There is a second, smaller transformer on the pole.

73, Erik K7TV

Bob AH7I wrote:

Are you running any three phase equipment other than your air conditioner?

Are you bringing any other phases to the shack or anywhere else in the
house? If so, what for?

Do you have a true delta or is it an open leg delta?

How many transformers on the pole and are they the same size? Open leg delta
has two transformers.

If it was installed specifically for your air conditioner, you may have two
different size transformers (the cheapest way to do it).