I fought the same problem Dave W8FGU had and also tracked it to the cables for
the P3.  The connectors on the cable were inferior to Amphenol’s in that there
was no tension in the connector when seating them and thus there was eventually
a poor connection to the shield.  Whenever the problem would occur I could
reseat both connectors and the problem, stationary images, would clear.  I
tried replacing the cable with one of the same types received with the P3 but
it also had the same problem.  When pushing some true Amphenols on that I had
here provided a lot of tension when pushing them on. 73 Mike