Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:43 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 vs. KX3 for digital modes

I have both a K3 and KX3 and was thinking it would be nice to use my KX3 a
little
more in the shack.  Any advantage of using the K3 versus the KX3?

I have a Signalink USB that I used with my Icom 7K so I have to buy the
jumper and
cord.  I was thinking of maybe buying a Rigblaster Advantage because the
computer
sound card always seemed to be difficult to configure with the Icom.

I know there is the wattage issue.  Is 12 watts going to be enough if I use
the KX3?
I know in the past with my Icom 7K I didn't use much wattage.  I haven't
done digital
for almost 2 years so it's all fuzzy to me now.

I'm using DXlabs for logging and rig control and was planning on using that
for the
digital stuff unless you think there is a better option.

Thanks
Stan AE7UT