I have been doing PSK with 5 watts for several years. WHile many people report running 10 to 100 watts, 5 seems to get the job done for me, although I have a long list of stories about, "The one that got away."

I did a bunch of RTTY at 5 watts in the North American QSP Party RTTY contest (my first real contest experience). I never lacked for contacts, although I missed one at the very end because the other guy could not read me. After about 4 repeats, he went off with 40 seconds to go and got another contact, so I don't feel too bad.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV