From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil Hystad
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:33 AM
To: Rick Prather
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Attenuation on Receive of 20 meter band only
problem.

Rick,

I just now discovered the RX antenna on.  I mean, Just seconds before your
message came in.  But, thanks for the quick response and the correct answer.

There are so many features on the K3, sometimes finding the problem is more
time-consuming.

thanks,
73, phil, K7PEH

On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Rick Prather <k6limae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Phil,
>
> Do you have your RX ANT button engaged on 20M?
>
> Rick
> K6LE
>
> On 3/3/2013, at 8:29 , Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I just realized that there is some heavy attenuation of received signals
on my K3 for the 20 meter band.  I thought the band was dead this morning
which seems unusual since this is a big SSB DX contest.  My other bands are
busy as you would expect and I have made a number of DX contacts on 15 and
10 meters this weekend.

>> But, I turned on my Icom Pro III and with the very same antenna as used
by the K3 (a Traffie Hexbeam) the 20 meter band came alive and was full of
signals.  These DO NOT appear at all on my K3.

>> This is the 20 meter band only.  It does not appear to affect transmit as
far as I can tell.  I can transmit into my antenna through the KAT500 and I
have the low SWR (about 1.2:1) and my LP100A reads the right amount of power
output (key down).

>> Is this some setting I screwed up accidentally in the past or is there
something that could go wrong to result in single band RECEIVE attenuation
in the K3.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> 73, phil, K7PEH

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html