This is probably not worth discussing a lot here, because "is X a sport?" is a
subject most appropriate for a pub. Or 75 meters. One might use fishing as an
apt comparison for radio contesting, though.

I must, however, correct a misunderstanding before it goes further. Though one
did obey Queen Victoria, she was not "she-who-must-be-obeyed". That was Ayesha,
from the novel "She" written by H. Rider Haggard. "She" is a Victorian novel,
but it is a stretch to find parallels between the queen and the 2000 year old
sorceress who bathes in the fire of the Pillar of Life.

wunder
K6WRU