I have read the KAT100/KPA100 description by KK7P, as well as various
reflector postings.  However, the KK7P description covered several
configurations,
including operating a K2 with only the KPA100 in an EC-2, as well as with a
KAT100 & KPA100 integrated in the EC-2. Thus, I'm still not clear on a couple
things.

I want to remove the KPA100 from my K2 and install it in the KAT100-2
enclosure. Since I will NOT be using any type of computer control, is it still
necessary to install a KIO2 in the K2 and beef up the handling capacity of the
RF
choke?

Or,

Is it sufficient to merely make the internal EC-2 interconnections as
described in the KK7P description, and use the same control cable (which does
not
include the branch cable for connection to a PC) between the barefoot K2 and
the
EC-2 combo that I formerly used when operating the KAT100 (in the EC-2) and
the KPA100 (in the K2).

Am I correct that I can connect the control cable to EITHER the KPA100 DB-9
or the KAT100 DB-9, in the EC-2?  Thanks.

Bob, WO3E