Hello Bill,

To our knowledge, Elecraft concentrates in the ham market which is relatively a
small one when compared with the institutional sector.

Therefore, they choose a business model of excellent customer service and
tailor fit products to the ham radio sector.  This business model has been
proved to be successful.  Eric is an excellent marketing personnel and Wayne is
an innovative engineer.  This is a very good combination.

I of course wish Elecraft to grow up to the scale of YKI or even larger. On the
other hand,  from a very selfish point of view, I like their existing scale so
as to maintain the current customer service level.

Going back to Dayton discounts, I visited Dayton in 2011 but did not see any
real discount on Elecraft products.  I once asked them to bring me a KRX3
module so that I could collect it in Dayton (to save some shipping costs).
Eventually, at their advice, I collected my KRX3 in New York City where was my
next stop after Dayton.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

寄件人︰ "bill.va...@gmail.com" <bill.va...@gmail.com>
收件人︰ elecraft list <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期︰ 2013年05月18日 (週六) 8:50 AM
主題︰ [Elecraft] discounts?

Yes, I am a frugal ham.

But: in Elecraft's case it treats it's customers like no other company
(ham or not) that I have ever seen. Case on point. I had a problem with my
MH3 mic. In a year I only used it about 3 times but it went bad.... What
did Elecraft do... replaced it!  None of my YKI  (I now call them Yucky)
radio problems every had this level of service. Most ended in bitter
disappointment.

  The level of service that Elecraft  have given me, both from a warranty
perspective and from the level of service for none warranty issues is
something the the other companies should emulate. But don't. Shame on them,
For my money Elecraft is the best value around.

Bill, VA3OL
Oro-Medonte Twp, Ontario