On 5/21/2013 18:25, Matt VK2RQ wrote:
On 22/05/2013, at 2:56 AM, Alton Barkley <alton.bark...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

I use my KX3 as a base station.  I operate QRP exclusively so I don't need the
amp.  I may pick up the FM module.  But I will tell you this.  I'd buy an
KX3/P3 adapter and a P3 instantly if Elecraft offered that setup for sale.
No need to wait or get out the chequebook -- you can hook your KX3 up to your PC right
now and get a pan adapter display, just like your Flexradio. This is what the "RX
I/Q" output on the KX3 is for.

73, Matt VK2RQ

I realize that. But that's not what I want. Aside from basic logging functions and a few other things, I'd like my KX3 to remain more or less independent from my computer. The P3 would offer a clean solution for me and hopefully the folks at Elecraft will find a way to make that happen for the KX3 owners.

A computer upgrade and Windows 7 essentially made a boat anchor out of my SDR1000. I'm not particularly interested in going that route again. I'm an Elecraft customer who would like to buy more Elecraft stuff for my KX3 and I've got a feeling that I'm not the only person who would be willing to add P3 to the stable. The company should make it happen - sooner rather than later.

Best.

Al
VE3OWO