Good Evening,
After a week of 70 degree, sunny weather it was hard to go back to 40, with rain and gloom. But there was an hour of sun today so it got dried out enough for a hike. The paths I thought would be more overgrown were as used as when I had been hiking them regularly. Lots of elks sign along the way. One day I am going to come face to snout with one of them.

The very active sunspot is going around the limb of the sun. But not before charging up the ionosphere for a while. Each day this week thirty meters got a little bit stronger. If the trend keeps up the contesters on this weekend should be doing well. As I listened on twenty meters I heard folks from all over. I've had the radio on much of the day and heard areas come and go.

But, because of that contest, twenty meters will be too busy to run the net there tomorrow. So I'll cancel the first net but keep the forty meter net active. Maybe with the recharged ionosphere I'll be able to work east of the Rockies again.

   Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

       Stay warm,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-