I just loaded the latest firmware a few weeks ago and was impressed with how
well CW decode now works. My best results were with NB and NR off, AGC-S, RF
gain turned down so ambient noise just kicks the meter, THR=AUTO, speed 5-40.
Use the CWT auto-spot to tune and narrow the passband to exclude other signals.
YMMV

As an aside, I have used the TX-ONLY option of CW decode to improve my
character and word spacing. I figure if the K3 can understand what I'm saying,
most CW ops can too. 73,

Brian, K0DTJ