Those of us who "head copy" CW find Farnsworth code to be very
aggravating because we are hearing words instead of characters.

Military Operators don't like it either because they can't tell where
5 letter code groups start and end.

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:24:56 -0400, Don Wilhelm
<w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
>While copying W1AW to see what would happen, I noted that the Farnsworth
>spacing used at lower speeds did not decode as words - there was a space
>between each letter - and yes, that is what the Farnsworth method does,
>it sends each character at a higher rate than the set speed, but there
>is a delay between characters, which the decoder properly interprets as
>a space.
[snip]