Not quite. Dumb terminals were dumb. Rich web applications place a lot of the user interface rendering onto the client. Not at all like dumb terminals. The "Cloud" is a bit more complex than what an old mainframe did. And we are only scratching the surface. Better to think of cloud computing as distributed computing. Properly done, its hard to tell where the client stops and the server begins. And that would be the point.
73, Doug -- K0DXV