The Field Day Operations for WM4AA and NY4G was up on Mt Pisgah in a campground
near the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC at an elevation of approximately 5000 ft
(give or take a few feet).  The rigs were a couple of KX3's running on external
SLAs.  It was also our first opportunity to use the pneumatic tennis ball
antenna launcher I built and 70 ft high trees were a "piece of cake".  The
weather was wonderful - temps in the low 70s in the middle of the day and below
60 at night on Saturday and the views were spectacular.  The antennas were a
full size twin lead fed dipole (a modified G5RV) - tuned by the KX3's without
even blinking from 80m through 10m, a 10-20-40 ParEndFedZ and a 15m monopole.
I took advantage of the IQ output of the KX3 and it was S&P all the way on the
NaP3 panadapter.  WM4AA employed about 85% S&P and 15% calling CQ.  We had a
20w solar panel to help keep the batteries fresh.  There were absolutely no
problems with the rigs and the KX3's performed marvelously.
  It was our first Field Day with KX3s.  WM4AA's was brand new - just received
a few days before - SN ~4500 and mine was built after last years FD in August
2012 (SN 1211) and FD 2012 was done with a couple of K2's.  Kudos to Elecraft
for engineering such a fine rig for QRP Field Days.
Ariel NY4G