Very cool I told the guys not to point the beam at me but there must have been
good DX in my direction hi hi... we use band pass filters as well; it was just
my station with the most interference problems. My 5 watts on 20m with the K1
did not bother the 100+ watt ssb 20m station... We live in what you folks call
fly over  country so we have to swing the beam or run a less directional
antenna like a vertical...I needed more distance from that station field day
Saturday. Lessons learned for next year...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS

Mark Pride <mpride...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Scotty,

Our club has successfully run 5A for the past 6 years and winning every year.
We run a CW and SSB station on each band at the same time while keeping within
the 5A rules.  No issue but we use bandpass filters (to keep the other bands
out) and separate the stations by a few hundred feet and being from the east
coast, point our yagis (monoband yagis) West and place the deepest null in the
pattern toward the station at the other end of the band.  Works well.

I recall a few times of testing, no noise from SSB while listening on the CW
end of the band -  nice!

Regards,
Mark, K1RX
PCARC FD 2013 K1T