If you are using DTR and/or RTS for PTT or keying, that will happen as the OS tests the serial ports.
If you do not need that keying, turn it off in the K3 menu.
If you do need it, I would suggest putting a DB-9 A/B switch in the serial line. Turn it to break the connection to the K3 during the PC bootup cycle.

73,
Don W3FPR