Kevin,

There is one possibility that your 51 ohm load (measured at DC) is not a good 51 ohm pure resistance at the frequency you were measuring. Borrow an antenna analyzer and test your load at the frequency of operation.

If that load does measure as a 51 ohm pure resistance (X value equals zero or very low), then you have a KAT2 problem, but if it is not a pure resistance, then your results will be misleading because the generator was not looking into its output impedance and the voltages and currents being fed into the K2 will be not as expected.

That does not say that your KAT2 is not causing a problem, it *only* says your test results may be inconclusive.

73,
Don W3FPR