Don,

No adjustment to the K3 should be necessary. Your audiologist should adjust your hearing aids to compensate for your hearing loss, and after that is done, you can adjust the K3 RX EQ for your personal preferences.

I have a program in my aids that has no noise reduction, and expands my hearing to be as flat as possible - that is my "music program" - sustained musical notes do not make the aids "think" that is noise and suppress it - I like to hear music as it was intended to sound. That is the program I use in normal household (and ham radio) environments.

However, I also have 2 programs known as "speech in noise" that do offer noise cancellation. Those help in noisy environments such as restaurants. The most severe of which cancels sound from the rear so I can best understand the person who is directly in front of me.

Work with your audiologist to get the best performance from your hearing aids in those environments that you value the most, and after that, you can make your choices about how you might want to change the response of your K3. My K3 RX EQ settings are all set to zero - my hearing aids are set for maximum intelligibility. YMMV.

BTW, I normally use the K3 with speakers (the XYL does not object). If I must use headphones, the hearing aids come out. I may b unique because my lower range hearing without the aids is normal, so I have built-in low pass filters in my ears. Again, YMMV.

73,
Don W3FPR

73,
Don W3FPR