As I recall from my broadcasting classes years ago, human speech has a
"typical" bandwidth of just 3KHz. "Normal" human hearing, IIRC, picks up
frequencies from 20Hz to 20KHz.

If someone has a copy of Schrader's "Electronic Communications" ready to
hand, the specifics should be in there somewhere.

 - -
73 de N5ILN
Alan