The thought crossed my mind when I was looking at getting either a K3 or a
KX3 too (and ultimately I decided on the KX3, which is still really new).

I'll probably be in the market for something like the K3 in another year or
two, and like you, if I knew the next model were coming along shortly, I'd
prefer to wait and get the new thing rather than go for the old thing.

I ran my question by customer service at the time, and the response I got
was that they are *always* working on the next new thing, but no idea what
it would be called or what the timeline might be like, and they also
pointed out that people are still buying and building K2's after all these
years.

   Nick

On 18 August 2013 12:39, Trevor Dunne <trevor_du...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have been reading the mail here for some time while I debate the
> purchase of a K3 in my head. I can't help to notice the lack of subjects
> covering the K3 and the lack of new firmware in over 4 months.
>

> Would if be fair to think that development has finished on the K3 and that
> now all the accessories(amp,P3,ATU,ect) are in place, also the KX3 and
> matching amp are out there, Have the good people in Elecraft moved on to
> develop a new radio a K4 maybe ????
>
> Nothing worse than getting something new only for it to be replaced by a
> newer model a few weeks after getting it.
>

> Thanks
> Trevor
> EI2GLB

*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it
real. And if you have to lie to support a position, that position is not
worth supporting.