Loyalty is a great thing and is to be admired, but to keep
things in comparative and fair perspective...

A fully loaded K2/100 with K2DSP and the  external tuner is
$1662 in kit form.

And not forgetting that the  K2 does NOT have a built in
expandable PC with a USB I/O port...flash upgradeable.

As for being semi-built... we have a fair number of gentlemen
who will, and do, build K2's for users..

I would think the Sienna is aimed at a different market than
the traditional Elecraft'er.. possibly the digitally inclined
Ham ??

I have now donned my asbestos suit  :^\

Dave KK7SS