Arno,

Even though the battery voltage measures (as an average) at 11.7 volts during transmit, my suspicion is that it may be "glitching" for brief periods below 11 volts and the detection circuit trips forcing the KX3 to low power.

Check all the connections to your power source and make certain they are "wrench tight" for a starting effort.

The other thing to check are the connections in the antenna system. Again, a loose connection can cause a 'glitch' to a higher SWR. PL-259 connections that are simply 'finger tightened' are possible suspects, snug them up a bit with pliers. Unlike BNC, N, TNC, etc, PL-259s depend on being tight to make the shield connection.

73,
Don W3FPR