Hi Arno,

I run a similar setup, ZS6BKW, 1:1 current balun, 100ft RG213 coax, I normally
run 10W, and haven't observed problems with the rig switching back to 5W. I do
run my rig off a 13.8V 20A supply. If you run at a lower voltage, the rig needs
to draw more current to maintain a particular power output. Have you observed
the display on the rig at the moment it switches back to 5W? Does it display
any warning such as Hi Curr(ent)?

I am a bit concerned about the fact that you report an SWR of 1.3 *after*
tuning. I find the SWR is already low on the bands of interest, and after
tuning it shows 1.0:1 VSWR. Even on 80m with a native SWR of 7:1 it tunes up to
1.0:1 and happily runs 10W. So, apart from the power supply, I would be a bit
concerned that something may be amiss with your antenna system.

73, Matt VK2RQ