Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:42 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Random wires

Isn't this why AM broadcast stations, particularly 50KW clear-channel
stations, employ base-fed half-wave verticals?  They still use radial
fields too I think.  I recall [from years ago] that KFI's TX [650KHz]
was in Buena Park CA and the tower was around 700ft tall.  BW of a stick
like that is pretty narrow, uncompensated, less than the BW of the signal.

When I saw the original post, I knew it would stimulate a reply-storm. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2013 Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2013
- www.cqp.org