Right Jim. When I said "resistance" in relation to the radiator, I was
speaking of the radiation resistance of a self-resonant (i.e. non-reactive)
radiator.

Perhaps that's what has added to the confusion.

The radiation resistance of the "radiator" is in series with the resistance
of whatever ground system is being used.

The RF power is divided between them according to Ohm's law with the higher
resistance absorbing the most power.

So the challenge with a monopole antenna is to have the radiation resistance
of the antenna as high as possible compared to the resistance of the ground
used.

73 Ron AC7AC