I hate to jump on the 'me-too' bandwagon, but in this case I will. I use either BNC or N
connectors on everything. Those I can't change from UHF have adapters
"permanently" installed. All my cables are terminated in BNC, most are crimped.
I have been making cables for nearly 40 years now and always swore by soldered/clamped
BNC but recently I've found that the ones that have caused problems are the clamped
ones... I do prefer clamped ones outside since they are, by default, weathertight as long
as they are somewhat sheltered.

My K3 (and my former K3) both have the BNC kits from Morse-Express installed.
Perfect fit and very nicely done.

Understandably, there is resistance to change since the amateur 'standard' has
been UHF for so many years, but for size, ease of connect/disconnect, positive
connection, and reliability, I will take the BNC over UHF any day of the week.
For high power work or anything over about 4 GHz, the N would be my connector
of choice. Of course, it is unlikely I'll ever have to worry about high-power
since my K3 is rarely used above the 10W level and my KX3 has only seen 10W
into a dummy load...

73,
Chuck - AA3CS