When I was recently testing some Collins gear, built between 1960 and 1975 for a local woman who inherited it and wanted to sell it, I noticed that the RF connections were RCA jacks. The RF output from the transmitter which was rated 160 watts input to the final amplifier was a RCA jack. (The manual said it was about 100 watts output.) The only exception was the high power amp which had RCA for input and N for output. How things have changed.

Cheers - Bill AE6JV