Is this designed this way?  That does seem to be something that needs to be
fixed.  Or, am I not seeing the whole picture here?

Lee - K0WA

________________________________
 From: Mark <n...@yahoo.com>
To: Lee Buller <k...@swbell.net>
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Dual Pass Band

I found the DPF degraded all but the strongest most stable signals, unless I
really opened
up the bandwidth.  You could see a good signal but the decode was bad.  I
stopped using
DPF after that.  There is more support for not using these filters as it
degrades the system,
unless you are using the k3s internal rtty decoder.

Look at
http://www.nccc.cc/pdf/RTTY-Receive-W0YK.pdf
For good tips.

Mark. N2QT