Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:07:58 -0900
From: Edward R Cole <kl...@acsalaska.net>
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] new K3 owner

Spend the time to check off all parts against the parts
list.  Ensures all is there and aquaints you with many similar
looking screws (so you don't use the wrong ones).  I bought a large
Plano plastic parts box (like a fishing tackle box) with many
dividers to place the sorted parts.  Some items it is best not to
remove from packaging until you install them.

Also take your time and enjoy the process of building.  Rushing
usually leads to mistakes.  Likewise do not shortcut the
instructions.  They were written to help you avoid mistakes!  Use
pencil to check each off as you work (I also check parts shown in
diagrams as they are installed).  Often the shows up an error before
I go too far.

K3/10 sn 4340
KX3 sn 475

73, Ed - KL7UW