Everything Ed said; Check.

I used 18 egg, egg cartons to hold parts and cut card stock in
strips, labelled them according to small part & then taped them in
the individual egg holders with those parts in the egg "socket".
Didn't knock over like cups would have and kept everything separate
till the end. No spare parts when I was done.

Gary
KA1J

& P.S.; Good choice, the K3!

> Spend the time to check off all parts against the parts
> list.  Ensures all is there and aquaints you with many similar
> looking screws (so you don't use the wrong ones).  I bought a large
> Plano plastic parts box (like a fishing tackle box) with many
> dividers to place the sorted parts.  Some items it is best not to
> remove from packaging until you install them.
>
> Also take your time and enjoy the process of building.  Rushing
> usually leads to mistakes.  Likewise do not shortcut the
> instructions.  They were written to help you avoid mistakes!  Use
> pencil to check each off as you work (I also check parts shown in
> diagrams as they are installed).  Often the shows up an error before
> I go too far.
>
> K3/10 sn 4340
> KX3 sn 475
>
> 73, Ed - KL7UW