On 2/19/2014 3:57 PM, Amateur Radio Operator N5GE wrote:

I then asked him if he was experiencing interference from my radio
transmitter, to which he replied no.

Problem solved.

Ummm ... and how? This is the conundrum [or maybe fallacy] in Part 15. Unsuspecting and un-knowledgable consumers buy a product that they expect to work. It appears to do so. The idea that they are now responsible for mitigating interference from the product they bought in good faith is beyond stupid. The real responsibility was with the manufacturer and/or seller. Unfortunately, now days all they have to do is put a little sticker on the back of the device which no consumer will see, let alone understand, and they're home free.

My neighbors with the PTV are very busy, gone a lot, and while he understands what his TV does to my reception, I acknowledge his right to have that TV. It isn't on very often, a solution for me. He even asks me over the back fence if there's a big contest coming up, they have occasionally just chilled and read on their Kindles. I'm lucky, and good friends with our neighbors. We're going to keep it that way.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org