On 2/19/2014 7:48 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:
My neighbors with the PTV are very busy, gone a lot, and while he understands what his TV does to my reception, I acknowledge his right to have that TV.

He has a right to HAVE it, but not to cause interference to you when he turns it on.

Yes, Part 15, combined with the current state of FCC funding is a conundrum. The FCC has Rules, but not the staff to enforce them. Last night, I heard the FCC District Chief of the San Francisco office speak to a local ARES group about "inspections." His advice in response to questions about resolving noise of the sort all of us are experiencing was next to useless. One of the most illuminating statements was "off script," in response to a question. "Are you doing a lot more inspections now than 27 years ago when you started working for the FCC?" No, he replied, far fewer. When he started there were 400 field inspectors nationwide. Now there are 100. Thank you, small government.

As a direct response to Phil's question, I'd look for a motor in some appliance that runs for a period and stops. I sleep with headphones listening to the radio. My XYL often arises earlier than I do, and when she does, I hear our coffee grinder making coffee.

73, Jim K9YC