From your message this sounds like a new one you've not heard before. If so, let's hope it's temporary so you won't have to locate it. If new, unlikely your house or some large facility. If new and persistent, could be a neighbor has a new TV or appliance -- or the hospital with some new equipment adding to medical expenses. Temporary could be a contractor doing some work locally and (I hope) departing soon!

73, Phil w7ox

On 2/19/14, 10:15 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:
Anyone have ideas of the cause.  You noise experts (Jim?) should have ideas.  I
was thinking maybe an arc welding machine but that is just a wild guess.  It
sure seems to be something that can be switched on and off.  It is not periodic
in that the on/off switching is at varying intervals.  The longest on period is
about one minute, the shortest on period about 2 seconds.  And, it has been
quiet for the last 10 minutes or so.

Thanks for your help.

73, phil, K7PEH