Glenn,

Doing a toggle itself is not too difficult, just set the macro to do the button press. The impossible part is that one cannot read the state of mic bias in a macro and decide whether to turn bias on or leave it alone since bias is already set on.

The mic bias *can* be left on for digital modes in most cases.
If you are using an interface box, just make certain there is a DC Blocking capacitor in series with the AF output line - if there is none, add it. A 10 uF electrolytic will normally work fine.

PTT is similar except that the menu has 3 positions - again there is no way for a macro to determine how it was previously set.

If you intend leaving both the microphone and the data mode interface connected, I would suggest that using a physical switch to disable the PTT button on the microphone would be a better solution (but that means building an adapter with the switch). Leaving a microphone connected while operating data modes is not a good idea because the mic element will be live. I prefer to build an interface that has a switch to change between the microphone and the soundcard output. You might want to re-think your plans in light of these problems.

73,
Don W3FPR