I have a pair of macros set up on PF1 button that toggle between "data mode"
(with mic bias/mic BTN off) and "SSB" mode (with mic bias/mic BTN enabled).
Very handy when I want to jump on the KX3 to join an SSB net, and then put it
back on the packet frequency when I'm finished. I also have some audio
switching hardware to switch the KX3 between my packet PC and my
microphone/headphones/external speakers (to reduce wear and tear on the KX3
audio connectors). If no one answers your question in the meantime, I'll post
my macros when I get home tonight.

73,
Matt VK2RQ