I second that recommendation. I have been using TLF with both my K2 and my TS-570 for general logging as well as contests for several years. I use also use xlog, but so far only in conjunction with gmfsk for logging digital modes. I'm going to switch to xlog for all non-contest logging, since it supports the printing of QSL labels.

73,
Bob N7XY