John,

Are you sure you have the Heil plugged into the Mic and headset plugs?

If you set the K3 in the config menu to Headphones + speaker do you hear
audio as you would expect?

I was thinking you may have connected to Line In and Line out perhaps?

I don't have a Heil headset (to rich for my budget) so not sure if BIAS is
required also.

Be interested to know the outcome

73

Gary