Gary Smith-2 wrote
> How about the software engineers at Elecraft making that an option in
> the next firmware update. You don't like it, don't use it. You do
> like it, then you can use it. To me it makes all the sense in the
> world.

Gary,

If you don't want the sub-receiver engaged, then take out the "SB1;" command
in the SPLITSUB macro:

SPLIT:SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB4;RT0;XT0

and the "SB0;" command in the NOSPLIT macro:

FT0;RT0;XT0;SWT13;SWT13

Of course, you can use any subset of these commands or add others giving you
a very powerful capability to customize the operation of the K3/P3.  I
understand that the PF1 button is not the one you like to use, but you
should try it; you might like it once you get used to it.

I will say that it would be cool if you could send K3 serial commands from
the P3's function buttons, but, as Joe said, there are many requests on the
list that may get attention first.

-----
73, Stan - KR7C