I guess I am some sort of an oddball. I find no fault with my K3 at all. I
had an FT-1000MP and to tell you the truth I found no fault with it either.
The human interface is completely different, but you just learn to work it
and then you know it and you never think about it again.

Here is an example of what some might consider poor ergonomics:

$ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name '\.*' | sed -e 's,^\./\.,,' | sort |
xargs -iname mv .name name

This unhides hidden files in the current GNU unix directory. This sort of
command is known as an "incantation" and is hotly defended by those who
love the unix human interface. The moral of the story (if there is one) is
that the beauty of the ergonomics of some device is in the eye of the
beholder.

73, Tony KT0NY