Simply put, you need to connect audio out from the Kantronics to Line IN
on the K3, Audio IN on the KAM to LINE OUT on the K3,  PTT Out on the
KAM to PTT IN (RCA or ACC) on the K3 and, if you use it FSK, on the KAM
to the FSK IN pin on the K3 ACC jack.  There is no RS-232 connection
between the two.

Your computer will use one serial port to connect to the K3 to control
frequency and mode if your logging program supports that.  Your computer
will use *a second* serial port to connect the KAM with an appropriate
*terminal emulator* or digital control program.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV